- Detail oriented and able to focus on the smaller parts of a task which add up to the final product.
- Self-motivated with experience covered conventions and press events independently.
- Professional experience with Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Wordpress.
- Proficient with several computer and design applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Types an average of 100 words per minute.
- Consistently built articles with a focus for sharability on social media
UNC Asheville (2009 — 2013)
New Media Major with focus on video production.
Graphic Designer: UNC Asheville Alumni Association (March 2012 — May 2013)
Visual Effects Intern: Starseed Energy Radio (May 2012 — August 2012)
Video Intern: NewSong Productions (January 2013 — May 2013)
News and Review Editor: Gamingtrend.com (September 2013 — August 2015)
News and Opinion Editor: Hardcoregamer.com (October 2014 — August 2015)
Content Editor: EGMnow.com and Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine (July 2015 — July 2016)
Wrote over 1,000 news articles, previews, reviews following AP Style. Produced, edited, and appeared in video previews and reviews.
Development at Critical Labs: Critical Content (July 2016 — Present)
Develop ideas for unscripted shows from inception of an idea all the way to pitch. Create pitch materials, including one sheets, decks, and sizzle reels, for original ideas pitched at major television networks, and is part of a team that pitches and sells shows to major television networks, both nationally and abroad.
HONORS & AWARDS
Press coverage at E3, PAX South, among other trade shows
Recognition in 2011 UNC Asheville student show for stop motion animation
Invited to speak on games journalism at 2015 GeekOut convention held in Asheville